Now hiring: General Manager position
View or download the job details below.
General Manager, Amadeus Choir of Greater Toronto
Region: Metro Toronto Area
TTerm: 20+ hours per week
The Amadeus Choir of Greater Toronto is searching for an inspirational and experienced leader to join our dedicated team as General Manager.
The General Manager provides the administrative leadership for day to day operational aspects of the choir, working in collaboration with the artistic team, administrative staff and volunteers, with guidance from the Board of Directors.
Key Management Responsibilities
- Marketing & Communications (internal and external)
- Administrative support for Artistic team, Board of Directors, staff & volunteer coordinators.
- Production logistics, including rehearsal schedules, contracts with artists and their agents, and contracting performance venues.
- Advancement initiatives, including strategic plans, development programs and constituent relations.
Board of Directors, through the President.
- Artistic team
- Board of Directors
- Volunteer Coordinators and Committees
- Finance and Communication Support
- Partnership organizations
- Other organizations and funding agencies
- Manage administrative tasks & multiple projects
- Engage people resources (staff, volunteers & partners)
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Manage budget
- Create and negotiate contracts
- Manage multiple volunteers and committees
- Strategic planner and creative thinker
- Inspire a culture of philanthropy and support fundraising efforts
- Knowledge of classical and especially choral music an asset
- Familiarity with SUMAC system a definite advantage
How To Apply
Interested parties are invited to submit their resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Amadeus Choir of Greater Toronto thanks all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The Amadeus Choir, founded in 1975 and under the artistic direction of Lydia Adams, is one of Canada’s pre-eminent choral groups known for its professionalism, exceptional musicality, and diverse, high-quality programming. The Choir presents an outstanding annual self-produced concert series in Toronto, featuring distinguished artists in works by Canadian and international composers, including superb ‘a cappella’ works and performances of major works with instrumental ensembles or full orchestra. The Amadeus Choir regularly collaborates and performs with exceptional organizations such as the Elmer Iseler Singers, the Bach Children’s Chorus and the Toronto Symphony Orchestra. Please visit our website for more information at www.amadeuschoir.com.